http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Beautiful (7Dots Studio, Berry71bleu, Sketchabilities Challenges)

I'm very happy to share this layout with you today.  I created it a couple days ago and I love how it turned out. 

I was inspired by 3 different challenges...  the more inspiration, the better!  I take so much pleasure each month in browsing the different manufacture and challenge blogs and i always wish i could have the time to play with each and every challenge out there.  When i have the chance to combine a few, i am so very grateful for the creativity that they bring forth.


You will probably recognize these beautiful papers from 7Dots Studio's Love Is in the Air collection.  I used 'Whisper of the Tree' for my background as well as 'Dreaming' and 'Rising of the Sun' for layering.  I also used 9th Wave Alpha Stickers to add my quote. 

I played along with the April-May challenge over at the 7Dots Studio blog which is 
"April Showers Bring May Flowers" 

My niece Ella was taking a leisurely stroll outside and enjoying the blooming Spring tulips.  Such a precious photo!

I found that this Circle board from 7Dots Studio went along perfectly with the challenge over at Berry71bleu which is 
"Simple Pleasures"


The May mood board showed several images of flowers, one of nature's most beautiful pleasure.  They come tickle our every sense and I, like Ella, take great joy in admiring them and walking amongst them as soon as they bloom in the Spring.  Flowers are, in so many ways, the natural emblem of life.

And last, but not least, my layout is based on sketch #114 from Sketchabilities.  Karan's sketches are more and more pretty each month and this one i just couldn't pass up:


Now on to the details:


All the chipboard used on this layout comes from 2Crafty, including the very elegant Leafy Shrub Set 1 & 2, the Beautiful Loopy Font title, the Adornment Set 3 as well as the Daisy Flowers.  I used a mixture of gesso, molding paste, Luminarte silks and acrylic paint.








So, tell me, have you taken the time to stop to smell the flowers today?  :)

Take the time to check out the challenges listed below and play along if you can:

Also, visit the 2Crafty Chipboard blog to see all the fabulous chippies that they have to offer and the amazing inspiration shared each day by their DT, including yours truly.

14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page, Nicole! Wow, that is a lot of challenges! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layout, love the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you have created a background using Love Is In The Air paper is stunning!! I love your layout! Thank you for joining us this month at 7 Dots Studio and Berry71Bleu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by the way - I have noticed that on your blog 7 dots studio is among other manufacturers blogs - I am very happy with it. But I have seen that the latest blog post, which is visible on your blog is 6 month old, so I checked the link to the blog and it seems that you need a new blog link, which is http://7dotsstudio.com/archives/category/blog We have switched English language as our main about 6 months ago and there was also a change in links. Sorry for troubles caused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the link! I noticed that but i always still clicked on the link and then access your most recent blog post through your site, so I never missed anything. But now, all is fixed! :) I actually need to update my entire sidebar list since many links are outdated. Thank you for the kind comments on my layout too! I'm so glad you like it! I love your papers and I can't wait to receive the giveaway I won a few weeks back. It's in transit and should be here soon! I'll be in 7Dots HEAVEN! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! You did an incredible job here Nicole. Love the photo and the colors just blended so well together! Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout, love the photo, quote and all your details! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is so inviting! I love the photo, colors and details! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful LO Nicole!! love the photo too!! thanks for joining us at 7 Dots Studio Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Nicole! Thanks for playing along at 7 Dots Studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice layout! :-)

    Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This layout made me smile and in a good mood! So warm and delightful! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is just amazing, so delicate and inspiring!
    tks for playing with us at Sketchabilities
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow....so soft and delicate and beautiful! Love the details on your page....so stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete