http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lucky Stars
(Kraft + May Challenge)


I so love working with kraft colored products, including paper, so any chance I get to play along with the Kraft+ challenges, I am totally happy!  

This is my layout inspired by the May challenge!


This is the wild, fun and colorful image that inspired my creation!
Click HERE for all the details on this Kraft+ challenge!


Needless to say, the first thing that screamed out at me when looking at this image was the cool hip blue convertible.  I knew I had the perfect picture for it, of my nieces posing in this stage vintage car at Walt Disney World.  I fussy cut the car from the picture and made it pop out of my page.


I was also inspired by the bright colours which I thought looked awesome against the kraft background and some black and gold accents.  I wanted my layout to be a celebration of life!


I covered the chipboard stars with Imagine Ink 14karat embossing powder.


Look at these happy little super stars!



I have to admit, I chucked 2 first attempt at this layout in the garbage - I just couldn't get the background to my satisfaction.  They say "Third time's a charm", well, it certainly turned out to be true for me.  I love how my 3rd attempt turned out!

Thank you Kraft+ for the inspiration!!

5 comments:

  1. What a unique design!! Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stuck at this one for the 3rd attempt. It's a GEM! Loooooove the colours, those flowers [they are so happy!!!} & of course, the cut out car pic is BRILL!!! As always, love seeing you joining us at K+!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along and taking the time to take on our challenge over at K+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo and such a fabulous background!!! Thanks for playing along at Kraft+, and good to hear that you didn't give up the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is so perfect for this inspiration! I adore your background...you certainly wouldn't know it was a challenge for you. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete