http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, May 1, 2017

Mother & Daughter
(More Than Words DT - May Main Challenge)


I am happy to be sharing with you today this brand new layout
inspired by the More Than Words May Main Challenge!


As you are well aware, during the month of May, most parts of the world
dedicate a day to celebrate the very special women in our lives... our MOTHERS!

So this month's More Than Words challenge is all about moms too!

Word Inspiration - MOTHER
Creative Challenge - FLOWERS

You can find all you need to know about this challenge and the wonderful sponsors of 8 fabulous prizes up for grabs as well as inspiration from the very talented MTW DT right HERE.

Now let's take a look at more details on my layout
and how I interpreted both parts of this challenge...

It was obvious seeing this month's word inspiration that I had to pay homage 
to my MOTHER. She has always been the most important woman in my life.  
Generous, sociable, strong, funny... those are just some of her qualities 
that I strive towards every day.


The creative challenge wasn't that much of a challenge as I use FLOWERS 
on pretty much all my creations. For this page, I especially chose 
these gorgeous blooms from the Prima Rossibelle collection 
which I had in my stash for a while, saving them for a very special layout."


I created my page by using collage techniques as I wanted
to mesh as many patterns as possible.  Using white paint where
different patterned papers meet helps create the illusion that 
the patterns are all one big piece.  The beautiful flair seen below
come from Cuts2luv, one of More Than Words occasional sponsors.


The picture of my mom and I was taken back in October 2016
when my brother and I threw a big party to celebrate her 65th birthday.


I am so looking forward to seeing your More Than Words creation this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment